Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Quick Update (actualización rápida) January (Enero) 2

Here’s a quick update about where I am at right now, how raising support is going and things to pray for me.

Where am I right now?

I am not in Kona, Hawaii yet…but God willing I will be there tomorrow (Jan 3, 2019)!  

On December 28, 2018 I flew to Southern California to visit relatives for a few days. Other than a very delayed takeoff, a much shorter layover and a kind of serious medical emergency for another passenger, my flights were very good; praise God the passenger with the medical emergency was okay! While in Cali I have spent time with my grandpa, an uncle and three of my aunts; I also met up with a friend and her kids!  I am grateful I had the chance to spend time here before going on to Kona.


Preparing for Crossroads DTS and Raising Support
Part of the Crossroads DTS program at YWAM Kona is choosing a particular ‘Track’ of ministry as a focus for a small part of each week. Tracks allow students to practice, share and develop their heart and skills in the chosen area. I received the list of 10 possible “Track” choices a few days ago and after praying about it, having a chat with a Crossroads leader, and praying some more I have selected the Compassion Ablaze track. This track is about demonstrating the love of Jesus through acts of mercy; I will know more and share more with you about this track once my DTS begins!

I am so grateful for all of you who have been surrounding me and covering me in prayer leading up to this experience; thank you for continuing to pray during my 5 month DTS and as I seek God’s direction for what comes after the DTS has finished. 

Thank you also to all who have given financially! Approximately half of my financial support has been raised in a very short time; the next half needs to be raised by the last day of February. 

If you are interested in praying for me or giving financially and you have not already please send me an email; I would love to hear from you! (The easiest/fastest way to give financially now is through my GoFundMe page.)

Things to pray for me

  • ·     Safe flight to Kona
  • ·     Intentional time in the Scripture and prayer
  • ·     Adjusting to life in Hawaii
  • ·     New friendships
 ________________________________________________________

Aquí hay una actualización rápida sobre dónde yo estoy ahora mismo, cómo va el levantamiento del apoyo y cosas ustedes pueden orar por mí.

¿Dónde yo estoy ahora mismo?

     ¡No estoy en Kona, Hawaii, todavía…pero si es la voluntad de Dios, estaré allí mañana (Enero 3, 2019)! 
     El 28 de diciembre de 2018 viajé al sur de California para visitar a mis parientes durante unos días. Aparte de un muy retrasado el despegue, poco tiempo entre vuelos y una especie de emergencia médica seria para otro pasajero, mis vuelos fueron muy buenos; alabar a Dios el pasajero con la emergencia médica estaba bien. Mientras en California he pasado tiempo con mi abuelo, un tío y tres de mis tías; también me reuní con una amiga y sus hijos. Estoy agradecida de haber tenido la oportunidad de pasar tiempo aquí antes de ir a Kona.

Preparación para Crossroads DTS y levantamiento de apoyo

     Parte del programa Crossroads DTS en YWAM Kona es elegir un "Track" particular del Ministerio como un foco para una pequeña parte de cada semana. Los “tracks” permiten a los estudiantes practicar, compartir y desarrollar su corazón y habilidades en el área elegida. Recibí la lista de 10 posibles opciones de "Track" hace unos días y después de orar , charlar con un líder de Crossroads, y orar mas, he seleccionado el Track de “Compassion Ablaze”. Este Track ofrece la oportunidad de demostrar el amor de Jesús a través de los actos de misericordia; voy a saber más y compartir más con ustedes acerca de este Track pronto.
     Estoy tan agradecida por todos ustedes que me han estado rodeando y cubriendo en la oración antes de esta experiencia; gracias por seguir orando durante los 5 meses de mí DTS y mientras busco la dirección de Dios después del DTS termina.
     ¡Gracias también a todos los que han dado financieramente! Aproximadamente la mitad de mi apoyo financiero se ha levantado en muy poco tiempo; la próxima mitad de mí apoya financiero debe ser levantada antes del último día en febrero. 
     Si usted están interesado en orar por mí o dar financieramente y no lo han hecho ya, por favor enviarme un correo electrónico; me encantaría saber de ti! (La forma más fácil/rápida de dar financieramente es a través de mi página GoFundMe.)

Oraciones por mí

  • ·     Vuelo seguro a Kona 
  • ·     Tiempo intencional en las escrituras y la oración
  • ·     Adaptarme a la vida en Hawái
  • ·     Nuevas amistades


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenna! glad to see you here! I havent had the chance to see all your posts but hope youre doing great over there!, just wanted to let you know that I found my glasses!!! haha lol thanks for the help anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Staffing Crossroads DTS Jan 2020

Hello! I returned to YWAM Kona on December 26, 2019 to staff the January 2020 Crossroads DTS!  To read my blog for staffing visit:  http...